Maybe next year we'll have a deduction or two.
The mister and I had a mini-vacay down south on the coast last weekend. We met up with our friends and former neighbors on Saturday. We got to know them better and had a good time chatting and eating a yummy dinner.
I ordered the new South Beach diet book today. Now that Easter is over and birthdays, we can start hard and heavy. Well, it's not that we're obese or anything....don't get me wrong. But we can stand to lose a few pounds. The Mister is on board. At least in theory. I hope he feels the same after two weeks on the no-shit, you're really getting healthy, part of this adventure. I can't wait to get the books on Friday and head to Publix for groceries. *bounces*
In preparation of new lifestyle we picked up flax at Costco. The Mister has always enjoyed wheat germ in his milk or sprinkled in cereal or ice cream. This time we found flax to use in the same way.

I highly recommend giving it a shot. It's from Flax USA and organic. Sprinkled in and on food, it's yummy. Really no flavor, mild...almost like graham cracker crumbs. I'm not sure how smart it is to sprinkle on a scoop of vanilla ice cream (
Cost.co with no growth hormones!) but it's yummy!
The ice cream from the birthday party better get 'et fast. The book is coming! The book is coming!

1 comments:
Bummer on not a huge refund. We owed a bunch of $$ this year - I can't seem to get it right! Two years ago we got a giant refund because our withholding was high, last year a smaller refund because we adjusted our witholding and this year we owed a significant amount because we just inched over the line into the next tax bracket. Here's to having a HUGE deduction next year! heh heh. I'm tweaking my diet too - kind of fell off the wagon and I'm feeling it. Good luck on S. Beach - it's amazing how good you feel when you ax all the nasty stuff! (somehow though, ice cream always calls...)
Post a Comment