Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Very Sad News

Dear Friends/Family,
Our twins passed away unexpectedly. I had spotting yesterday and went directly to the OB expecting to see heartbeats and to hear that it was nothing to worry about. Instead I was told that there were no heartbeats with either of them. They measured approx 11 weeks. The last u/s we had where we got to see them dancing about was very close to the day they passed.

The Mister was out of town but immediately returned to my side after driving for 2 1/2 hours. This morning was the D&C. I chose that route rather than miscarrying at home due to the age of the babies and the fact that there were 2 fetuses. It was not something I believed I could do on my own.

This morning my stomach was almost flat- 1/2 of what it used to be. Couldn't believe it. Spotting continued through the night but nothing scary.

Everyone was very kind and supportive today. I got a little happy juice in my IV early to help get me through the wait.

The Mister hasn't left my side. He appears as if by magic when the sadness over-takes me. Dr told him how sorry and shocked she was that this happened. She said it was unlikely to an immune issue with me because the pg had gone so long. And she didn't think it was a chromosome issue for the same reason. That leaves only a bad luck scenario or something specific to the twin's circumstance- cords, placenta, etc. Unfortunately we will never know.

In the coming days I will be posting how we are doing and how I am coping. Just know that this grieving process will take many shapes and may be hard to read. Please do not feel obligated to read or comment. I know this will be hard on you too.

We love and thank you for taking this journey with us. Our hearts are broken but we still have hope that some day we will have a take-home baby. The hope is dim today but I'm sure it will brighten some day soon.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband and I are thinking of you today. I hope that you soon find peace.

Jennifer

Geochick said...

I'm so sorry. Knowing how long you've worked and hoped for this and everything you've been through makes my heart break for you.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I am so, so sorry. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry...

Rotten said...

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I went through it 2 years ago but with only 1 and I remember the heartbreak and confusion. It is such a hard thing to wrap your head around and I have spent many days just wondering why. There is nothing I can say that can make it better, but I am so happy to hear that you have someone to cry on and grieve with who clearly loves you so very much. I'll check back in from time to time in the coming weeks and see how you are doing. If you need anything, just drop me a line on my blog and I am happy to help in any way I can. Take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts.

Dee63 said...

Oh Ann I am Just So Sad and devastated for you Both.
My Heart is Broken for you.
I am happy that you both have each other to console one another...It was so important to me when I lost my daughter when I was 20 weeks that My DH Never Left my side.
I am here for you. Please, If there is anything I can do for you, Know that I am here!!
xooxxo
God Bless you both and Pray he will give you Peace and Comfort.

Dee

IF Optimist, then... said...

I am so sorry for your loss Ann, I wish I could do more or say more. This is horrible and unfair. Please know I will be here to support you in these tough times with hugs and an open ear.

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm so sorry. I will be thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

Here from LFCA and wanted to say how very, very sorry I am for your losses.

JuliaS said...

I am so very sorry.

here from LFCA

C said...

Found you via LFCA. My heart goes out to you and your family. I went through this earlier this year with my own twins at 10 weeks...there are no words I can say. But I am thinking of you. And I am so very very sorry for your loss and your pain.

Infertile Myrtle said...

Also found you via LFCA. I am so, so very sorry for your losses. You are in my thoughts.

Kate said...

As someone who has had two losses this year my heart breaks for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

LFCA

tootertotz said...

Loss flat out sucks! I am so sorry.

Aunt Becky said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart just breaks. I'm sending you love and light.

Michele said...

From LFCA... I lost twins (at 16w and 18w) and our son (at 17w). It is never easy... If you ever need to talk, please dont hesitate to email. Sending prayers and thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I've just suffered my 5th loss and I hate that others have had to endure such pain. I hope that you get your miracle in your arms one day. Loss is such a heartaching experience and one no one should have to go through.

xxxx

Stacie said...

Here from L&F. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers your way.

Once A Mother said...

Here from LFCA. I am so incredibly sorry to learn of your loss. You and your beautiful babies are in my thoughts tonight.

Sue said...

Here from LFCA. I'm so sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace in the coming weeks. You are in my thoughts.

In Due Time said...

I am so sorry. :-( I wish I had the words to comfort you. ((((((hugs)))))))

Phoebe said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's possible that your identical twins had twin to twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS). It can happen any time they share a placenta. Just know that it probably had nothing to do with you. Hugs.

Post a Comment