Saturday, March 6, 2010

Packing....packing....packing....

I hate it. REALLY, I do not like to pack. I suppose no one really does...do they? Ack. It takes so long and you have to think about everything way in advance because if you don't you're going to pack your underwear and have none set aside for the days before the move actually happens.

I have been doing pretty well with planning ahead and organizing. The only thing I had to open were two small boxes. I packed up my spices, except for the basics, and all the flour, baking soda, etc. But until I got a call Thursday night, I had forgotten that I'd signed up for the chili-cook-off at Unity this Sunday. Thank goodness they called because I totally forgot. I had to dig into the spice box for the chili powder and find the cocoa powder in the flour box. Found 'em. Now the chili is simmering getting ready for tomorrow morning.

Back to packing this evening. Yuck. My kingdom for the ability to pay someone to pack for me some day. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. I have to finish the bathroom and bedroom tomorrow. The Mister has to pack his clothes and shoes. Then I pack the rest of the kitchen and get ready to use paper plates, cups and plastic silverware. The last thing on the list is the kitchen items not done yet and the pantry. We'll get it done.

There is a silver lining. Moving makes you re-think all the crap you have. We took a HuGE batch of stuff to the Salvation Army today. I had to kiss my size 2 pants goodbye. Over 40 and full of whoremoans....won't see that size for a loooong time, if ever.

Speaking of which, the Mister and I are going to do the South Beach diet after we move. We both have to lose a bit of weight gained the last few months. He's all for it, thank goodness. I'll let you know how it goes. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment