Friday, October 29, 2010

MTHFR & Polyps

So....interesting developments in the last few weeks.

I've been having tons of blood work done and re-done. All things are normal. EXCEPT one...I have the C667T MTHFR mutation. I just call it the "motherfucker mutation".To those of you in the problem pregnancy world you know that this is a "possible" indicator to blood clots and it "may" have implications on recurrent miscarriage. Good news is that treatment is "simple", baby aspirin, 4MG Folic Acid and blood thinner shots if we get pg again. Not too hard. Thank goodness.

Now for the polyps. Indeed I had them. Two were cut out this morning and then the doc "scraped" the uterine cavity to remove some smaller ones. She gave us pictures! They're kinda bitchin' too.

So now the polyps are out and the pain pills are in; along with a pudding cup to keep me from barfing up said pain pills. That would be bad.



More later. Peace.

3 comments:

Rotten said...

What a not so much fun way to spend your Halloween weekend. So glad you got some answers though and the polyps are gone. Good luck with the next steps.

Steel Magnolia said...

every time I see MTHFR I think motherfucker too!! :) I have several "IVF friends" who have this diagnosis and took similar protocol. I hope having some answers should help with future decisions! I'm a little angry that they didn't test you for this earlier!! :( But at least you know this now.

Wishing you all the best!!

Geochick said...

Bummer on the motherfucking mutation! I swear someone came up with that acronym just so that it looks like motherfucker.

Post a Comment