Again my sweet step daughter surprises me.....I like to think that some of these things are signs-good ones.
I was having a hard morning on Saturday and the Mister sent in DSD (dear step-daughter) in to the bathroom to give me a hug...I was blow-drying my hair. Daddy had blow-dried her hair while I was showering and it was still a little damp. We had cold weather on Saturday with a dusting of snow so I asked her if she'd like her hair dried the rest of the way. (PS- The Mister did a great job, used the right hair brush and everything!) Anyway, I had her climb onto the bathroom counter as is our usual habit. I commented on how big she was getting and she just grinned at how she "barely fit" anymore. Too cute. She sat there looking at herself in the mirror, telling me all about the make-up she'd put on (chap-stick and pink eye shadow) and then she saw two little pebbles I keep on my counter. They are two small metalish-looking pebbles that my Mom bought for us at a monastery after our first disappointing blighted ovum. They are message "rocks"- one of which have TRUST and the other HOPE written on them. Those are the two things I have the hardest time with- Trust and Hope. DSD thought they were just too cool and decided "they need to make a sentence." I just kept brushing and blow-drying and out of her mouth popped, "You gotta trust hope. Yeah, that's good...You gotta trust hope." Huh. OK.
You're right, I gotta trust hope.
She was done by that time, hopped off the counter and said, "Bye Ann!" and left me to finish my own hair.
YOU GOTTA TRUST HOPE!
You.gotta.trust.hope.
Shit, you gotta write that down before you forget. And I did. It's on a heart shaped sticky note on my computer screen....with a butt load of other affirmations. One of 'em will work eventually. :-)
Sorry to have been MIA. Lots of wonderful IFs have been having great luck and getting pregnant! Fantastic!!! I've been lurking on their blogs to keep an eye on them and posting my support. I decided to just take a break for a bit on here until we knew what our next steps will be. This blog was never meant to be only about our baby making escapades but it's the focus...the primary one I guess for right now. It's been a hard holiday season so far and I'm sure it's going to get harder. There were so many hopes, dreams and plans made to come visit us while we were pg. Now it's just us, no babies on board. All I've got to show for it is 8 lbs of weight that I CANNOT get off. Damn it.
Wait...where was I going with this?
Oh yeah, a break. So I stopped posting our escapades because I have been in a funk.
Here's what you've missed:
*Went to DC in November for a weekend with the Mister. Ate great Tapas and Pumpkin Ravioli w/Mushroom sauce. Went to the American History Museum and enjoyed being back to "normal" for a few days.
*Went to Seattle to visit my brother, sister-in-law and four year old niece for Thanksgiving. Had a great time but it reminded of how not pregnant I was. I was worried about traveling to Seattle pg with twins and making it before I got placed on bed rest. Meh. No need to have worried about that. Damn it.
*The Mister's karyotyping came back normal....of course.
*The Mister's ex continues to amaze us with the insanity that is her existence.
*I saw New Moon with my neighbor friend and a friend of hers. (Much better than first movie!)
*Got a prescription for Provera and birth control pills. Looks like we may be doing our FET in January. I say "may" because I'm not getting a warm/fuzzy feeling about it yet. I won't even go into the "why" for that one.
*We celebrated the Mister's 40th Birthday with his parents and DSD. When he blew out the candle yesterday afternoon, she asked what he wished for. When she found out it wasn't what she wanted, she asked him to re-light the candle and wish for this, "Daddy, make a wish that I can come and live here with you and Ann when I get a little bit older."
So he did.
Too Good To Go Baked Goods
1 month ago

1 comments:
We have been lapped by everyone we know. They all have 2 kids now and we're wondering when we'll have 1. I feel your pain, albeit in a different way. Hang in there. I love DSD's wish for Daddy and I really hope that someday you can make that one come true. Good luck getting through the next few weeks and here's to a better 2010!
Post a Comment