Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Come On!

I promised to tell you all about our camping adventure. But first.... I have to tell you this funny, ridiculous story.

I had NO idea that the needles for my estrogen shots would be 1 1/2 inches long! That's serious, mother loving LONG. Apparently not so good for shots in thigh muscles either. While everything worked out in the end...the ride afterward was not fun.

I got that big, friggin' needle into my muscle. I felt it go all the way in. Not kidding. I injected the goo and then pulled it out. I did it fast and straight. I felt that damn thing slide all the way out. My first words to the Mister were, "Um...I did not like that. I'm not kidding. I did NOT like that." Then I laid down on the floor.

I proceed to get woozie. I break out in a cold sweat. I decide my stomach is cramping and I better get to the bathroom. I made it to the door and apparently realized I'd better lay down again. I woke up to the Mister saying, "Ann? Are you OK?" Where am I? Black... dark.... can't focus. I must have passed out. He's talking to me, holding my hand and asking inane questions like, "How often do you have to do these shots? Are you going to do this every time you get one?" "Shut up!", I think to myself. I'm try to breathe deep. I begin to come around but the sweat is pouring off me.

And then I realize a cat is standing on me. Jack has climbed on my side and it just standing there. Breathe. Get yourself together Ann. Finally I tell the Mister to "get the f-ing cat off of me!" He did. I'm going through hell, trying not to hurl and the cat decides it'd be fun to climb up on the Mama. Why not? I'm on the floor. How often am I on the floor to climb upon?

Slowly I returned to normal. It felt like an hour. It was probably minutes. We've decided that since we have 1 1/2 inch needles to deal with we will do the shots in my butt. Might as well start now. We have to do Progesterone shots there soon anyway. Same length needle but even thicker gauge. Lovely. Three shots a day for a while. I can do it. I know I can. This baby will be worth it!

The mister isn't concerned about his ability to stick it to me. I, on the other hand, am a little nervous. But it can't get much worse than last night. He's also determined that I lay on the bed. That way I'll be in bed already if I get woozie and black out. *Insert eye roll here*

The side of my head hurts when I push on it. I'm not pushing on it.

This is so typical of me. A physiological reaction to something- fight or flight? Protect yourself from the evil needle?!!!! God only knows.

I'll be thinking of last night the day after transfer. A cat standing on me, laying on the bathroom floor...laughter is good for the embryos.

1 comments:

Steel Magnolia said...

OMG!! Ann.. that is the funniest thing ever!!! I can laugh b/c I've so been there!!! Cats and all!! It reminds me of an email I got with a picture of this lady who is throwing up with a cat sitting on her back as she's getting sick over the toilet! The caption read: "I'm indifferent to your suffering." HA!! Cats.. only cat people know!!!

First.. WHY did you give yourself the shot! Much braver than me!! I could only do the tiny belly needles but never a REAL needle! I only did the shot in the thigh ONCE! Not doing that again, no thank you. So, I've done the lupron in the tush ever since!! As long as you get it IM it all good!!!

hang in there sister!! Malinda

Post a Comment