Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Word.

I ran onto this article from someone else's blog. We know we're not alone but it's not often someone in Hollywood is so honest.

Mother's Day came and went by almost painlessly this year. Thank.you.God. The Mister was kind enough to not buy a card. He did pick up a necklace and earrings that I commented on while we were down at the beach in April. He quietly placed them in my "spot" outside on the patio table the Friday BEFORE Mother's Day. When we headed outside to talk about our day and enjoy the weather, they were there waiting for me. With a sweet hug, he looked me in the eye and said,
"To me, you are a Mama. You're Mario and Jack's Mama (the cats), you take good care of me and you're the best Mom to Syd."
I thanked him. I didn't cry. Not so bad this year.

Not a day goes by when I don't think of "it". But I continue to build faith and hope. Someday I will be more than a mama to a cat. I literally just looked over and Mario has his head in my glass of ice water. Come On! My baby isn't going to steal my ice water... well maybe he will but at least he won't lick his butt first. Gross.

2 comments:

faithlove said...

Hi there! Your post put tears in my eyes and laughter in my heart. You are strong and I read your posts often.E&T

Jenny said...

What a sweet post, Ann!! I love you guys.

Post a Comment